Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 11: Happy Easter

Day 11: Happy Easter! I know it's easy enough to lose sight of goals on special occasions, so I'm reminding myself of my goals before the celebrations get started in earnest today.

I'm going to enjoy a least a taste of everything, but will fill most of my plate with fruits and veggies. Fresh pineapple, cucumber, radishes and broccoli are my choices today.

Had a great workout yesterday and met my goal of five servings of the fruits and vegetables.

Note to self: Roasted eggplant is tasty when sliced thinly and brushed with olive oil, then placed on cookie sheet and baked at 350 degrees until browned.

A new, mini-goal is to begin trying fruits and vegetables I've never eaten and/or to find new and different ways to enjoy old favorites. Changing things up avoids the tedium of the same old thing over and over, which for me leads to unhealthier choices.

Until next time, indulge but don't over-indulge. And save a peep for me.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment