Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 3 Re-Assessing Methods

No exercise today. Combination of a cold and migraine headache prevented much activity at all. Will see what tomorrow brings; hopefully can be productive in some manner.

Did get in three servings of vegetables today. Thank goodness for tomato sauces with and without pieces of tomato in them!

                                              (Photo by Photon_de, CC-BY-2.0 via Flickr)

Did you know that more of the lycopene, an antioxidant present in tomatoes and other foods has a greater amount available in cooked tomatoes than in raw tomatoes? Lycopene has been proven to be effective in animals and lab studies to be an anti-cancer agent as well as promote improved heart health, but studies in humans have yet to prove these same results. I'm guessing that since it is an antioxidant, at the least the substance won't harm me and may provide a health benefit in a nutritionally-balanced diet.

I am also re-thinking the walking video I am using. It is intended for people who have used Leslie Sansone's beginner walking videos, that have then built up to this level. I'm going to table this 4-mile walking video for now and start instead with a beginner video. That's where my level of activity and fitness fit for now. In time to come, I look forward to graduating to the 4-mile video.

Do you give yourself days off from workouts? Do you find that sticking to a daily routine is better until you get the habit established? I'm interested in learning what's worked for others, and what hasn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment