Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 6 Feelings the Effects of Exercise

Day 6: I almost made it to 1 mile on the 4-mile walking video today! I still haven't gotten around to getting the prequel to this Leslie Sansone video, and this one is intense. But maybe that's a good thing.

Let me tell you those knee lifts have my lower abdomen and lower back muscles a bit sore this evening, but I've going to score that soreness as points toward my goal of becoming healthier one day at a time. The soreness lets me know I am engaging muscles that most definitely need attention. As I work out each day, those muscles are going to begin to work like they are meant to work.

I've been doing first the aerobic activity on the walking video, then following it with tai chi. I think that's the wrong order. The tai chi is more about stretching, slow movements and controlling your breathing -- something a little tough to do after an aerobic workout. Tomorrow the plan is to switch them up and see how it goes.

Appetite not so good, so mostly munched on a little pasta and tomato sauce. Did get in my whole day's recommended amount of whole grains -- Bran Shredded Wheat does it. I don't notice that the bran changes the taste or texture of the shredded wheat by much, by adds lots more fiber.

Shy of my fruit and vegetable servings by about three today, so have to try and improve that effort tomorrow.

What's your tip for getting in more fruits and vegetables throughout the day? I'm open to suggestions. : )

Until tomorrow, keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment