Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 9 One Week Down, One Mile Completed

Day 9: I missed celebrating my first full week of my journey to get healthier one day at a time here, but it didn't go unnoticed, at least by me. Seven days AND I made it a full mile on my 4-mile walking video. Yeah me!

Yes, maybe getting excited over a mere 7 day stretch -- correction, today makes it an 8-day stretch -- is a little over the top. I didn't buy champagne or bake a cake, but did give myself kudos for sticking with my plan.

Patting yourself on the back for accomplishments big and small is a healthy thing to do. You're acknowledging meeting a goal, even if it was just getting the darned ironing done today, and you're acknowledging that your own opinion is important to you -- as it should be.

It's great when the people important to us notice our efforts, but it is even more vital that your own opinion counts to you. There are lots of small things that are probably important to you that no one else would know. When you've jumped those hurdles, an inner feeling of victory isn't selfish or self-serving.

Here's some information you might find interesting:

Fiftysomething Diet: 5 Powerful Weight-Loss Boosters

Are any of these things in your menu now? Are you thinking about adding any of them, and if so, which ones?

Until the next time, C'mon spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment