Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 2 One More Day than Yesterday

The day started out great. I was feeling good and making sure my newest goals to get healthier were in the front of my mind.

Managed to get past just the warm-up portion of my walking dvd -- hung in there a total of 7 minutes today.

No soreness of muscles were noted until I began doing the leg lift portion of the routine. Yikes! My thigh and lower abdominal muscles cried "Uncle!" and I stopped at that point.

After drinking some water and catching my breath, I did some tai chi stretches and movements with David Carradine -- strictly by dvd, you understand.

I met my low-ball goal of 15 minutes of physical activity for the day, but not my unspoken goal to make that 15 minutes of aerobic activity daily. I am re-stating my goal to be at least 15 minutes of aerobic physical activity each day.

This afternoon, the first symptoms of a cold began and within a few hours I was feeling the virus's effect full force. Took some Cold-Eeze, so hoping the zinc in that may lessen the severity and length of this nastiness.

No fruits or veggies today, so that goal was missed by a long shot. Did get recommended daily amount of whole grain fiber, though, so a bit of a trade-off.

Tomorrow is another day to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment